703 E. Colorado Ave. #207
Urbana, IL 61801
A challenging job in the areas of spoken dialog system, speech
recognition, speech enhancement, speech synthesis, human-computer
intelligent interaction, machine learning, information retrieval and
digital signal processing.
- Research Assistant, ECE Department, UIUC (June 1996-present).
- Built an articulatory speech synthesizer based on fluid dynamic principles.
- Investigated motor control of the articulatory movement during speech production.
- Investigated the nonlinear effects in speech production.
- Developed an energy constrained signal subspace (ECSS) method for
speech enhancement and robust speech recognition in noisy environment.
- Summer Intern, Artificcial Intelligence Group, AT&T Shannon Lab, Florham Park, NJ
(May 2000 - August 2000).
- Designed a spoken dialogue system for the application of credit
card billing system.
- Summer Intern, Telephony speech recognition group, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights,
New York (May 1999 - August 1999).
- Investigated signal processing techniques on voice mail transcription.
- Summer Intern, Sanwei Company, Beijing, People's Republic of China (June 1995-Sept. 1995).
- Research Assistant, Department of Electronics Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing,
People's Republic of China (Sept. 1993-June 1995).
- Investigated extracting and recognition of prosodic information for continuous Chinese Mandarin understanding and recognition.
- Motorola UPR grant, 1997 - 2000.
- Scholarship for excellent undergraduate student, Tsinghua University, 1989-1992.
- Honor prize of the Second College Mathematics Contest in Beijing, 1990.
- Honor prize of the Tsinghua University Mathematics Contest, 1989.
- Phi Kappa Phi honor society.
- Acoustical Society of America.
- IEEE signal processing society.
- IEEE student member.
- Speech processing tools: Entropic HTK/ESPS/Xwaves, Bell Lab Truetalk, IBM ViaVioce, Microsoft SAPI 4.0 SDK.
- Operation Systems: UNIX, MS-DOS, Windows95, WindowsNT, Linux.
- Language: C/C++, Assembly Language, HTML, Java, FORTRAN. C shell, Perl
- Tools: Matlab, Latex, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, XV, CSIM, Lotus Freelance